Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Mary Mann

One of my very best friends passed away this past week. She was an amazing woman, mother, nurse, teacher, wife and friend. I met Mary the very first day I worked at Good Sam Hospital. She was my preceptor, mentor, and dear friend for the past 8 years. I consider myself very luck to have had her in my life.
She was diagnosed with stage 4 adenocarcinoma of the lung about 4 months ago....and never smoked a day in her life. I watched her go from very active and healthy to a patient in the hospital and then on to Hospice. I know she is in a better place right now since she is out of pain but it is still very hard and sad to say the least. I loved that woman so much. She pretty much taught me everything I know. I appreciate everything she has done for me and made sure to let her know that every time I visited her.
She may be gone but her spirit lives in each one of the lives she touched, and let me tell you, there are a lot!

This is a picture of Naison outside of her Hospice room when we went for a visit. I am glad Mary got to see him before she passed. She loved little kiddos.


Her memorial was held today. There were a lot of people there to celebrate her wonderful life. It was a sad day but also a happy day. I miss you so much sweet Mary. I will see you again some day! I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment