Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Celebrating the life of Nana!

My grandma, Nana, passed away on April 8th, 2011. We are so very sad to see her go, but happy that she is not suffering anymore. She had lung cancer that spread to her bone, liver, and spleen so she was having a lot of pain. Nais and I went to visit her about a month ago and I am so glad we did. I am happy that she got to see him walking around and saying some words. He even says "Nana"! I know that made her extra happy!
Here are some pictures from our last visit:



My Aunt Beba was her primary caretaker, and they lived together, and I know she is so sad to see her go. Hopefully Beba will find some peace knowing that her mommy isn't in pain anymore, but I know it will be hard and take a while.
Nana was my Dad's mom, my grandma, and Naison's great grandma! I have such great memories of visiting her every summer in Arkansas. We went camping, fishing, ate lots of yummy food that she made, picked plums off the trees in the backyard, learned to crochet, shelled peas, played in the backyard, played in pop's shop, picked up cans and turned them in for money to buy fireworks every 4th of July, and so much more. I will never forget all the fun stuff we did as kids growing up with Pop, Nana, and Beba! I am pretty sure I got my love of baking from her. She used to make cakes, cookies, candies, pies...you name it, she could make it...and it was delicious. Thank you Nana for everything you have ever taught me and all the love you gave me over the years! I will miss you always and I love you so much!
Here are some other pictures from our visits with Nana:





1 comment:

  1. Your post brought tears to my eyes. So sorry for your loss Amanda. My grandmother passed away from lung cancer as well so I know how painful it was for them and to watch. So glad she was able to see Naison in all his one year old glory :) Take Care!

    ReplyDelete