Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Arrival of Kian William Ghaemmaghami!

So, I went to the doctor on Wednesday, July 6th and I was 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. I was thinking it could still be days to weeks before I had this baby...well I was wrong! I went into labor that night and was having contractions every hour. That continued into the morning and they just kept getting closer together and stronger. It was starting to hurt really bad so I called Vafa and told him to come and get me...we were going in and hopefully having this baby! That was around noon.
My mom came over and watched Naison for us. So, we headed in and got admitted since I was 5cm and 100% effaced at that point. From that point on my contractions were about 2-4 minutes apart and they hurt bad...so, I got an epidural and life was good. They broke my water when I was 9cm and I had him about 10 minutes after that. I feel really blessed to have had such an easy delivery. I felt totally normal the next day, Kian was doing great, healthy and happy....so, we got to go home! The best part is that I have no activity restrictions so I can go back to exercising anytime!
So, Kian was born 7-7-11 at 6:22pm. He was 6 lbs, 14oz, and was 18.5 in.


Naison is adapting very well to having another baby in the house, except he doesn't know how to use his "inside voice" that well, so he yells a lot. Good thing Kian is a good sleeper! Naison calls him "e-on" or "baby bru-der"...it is so cute! I am so happy to have 2 healthy baby boys in my life...they are a blessing...and Daddy (and my mom and sister) have been helping out A LOT, so it seems to be going great so far. I know my life will only be getting busier since Kian will not be sleeping as much in the near future...hopefully I can keep up with my blogging!



Jake has also been helping out with Naison when he gets off of work at the Boys and Girls Club across the street from my house.
Here are some pics of visitors and his first bath by Daddy!



We have also been to the doctor twice already and they said he looks great. His bilirubin was a little high but it has been checked again and everything is going in the right direction. He weights 7 lbs now...so he is eating great and everything looks good! Wish me luck for at least the next year of my life...it's about to get busy!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations again! How is it you look fabulous after having a baby!? I'm nervous for you, but I'm sure you'll transition well and in a year, you won't believe how fast it went!

    ReplyDelete